Now that we've been in business for a few years, we thought it was time to put together a list of some of our most frequently asked questions. So, with no further ado...
- I noticed you don't ship to other countries; can you make an exception just this once? As much as we wish we could, there are tax and shipping implications that go along with international sales and shipping that we're just not set up to deal with yet. You can bet that we'll make a big announcement when/if international shipping becomes available.
- Why don't you charge sales tax? The answer is a combination of two reasons. First, Oregon doesn't have a sales tax, so unlike shops in most other states, we don't have a minimum sales tax that we need to charge just to do business. Second, we're a small shop and simply don't do enough in sales (in dollars or number of orders) in any one state to meet the minimum threshold for charging sales tax. For example, to be required to charge sales tax on orders from Idaho, we would have to sell $200,000 worth of merchandise and make 100 individual sales in a 12-month period. As much as we wish we were doing that much business, we just aren't! Maybe that will change at some point in the future (and we do keep a close eye on potential sales tax liabilities), but until then, you'll only pay for shipping and the listed price for the items you buy (minus any discount codes you might have, of course!).
- Why don't you offer exchanges? Mostly because Shopify doesn't offer us a great way to handle them. For whatever reason, it just isn't set up that way. So for now, we have to do a full return, and you have to rebuy. However, we will give you a 15% discount code to offset the restocking fee.
- Do you have a physical store? Not at this time. When we first launched the website, our intention was to get everything up and running and then look into opening a physical location in Portland once the shop was obviously going to be successful. However, the website went live in late summer 2019, and we all know what happened about six months later... While a physical location is still the ultimate goal, there are some significant advantages to being online only, so we'll probably stay this way for at least the next few years.
- Do you have sizes or styles not available on the website? Everything we have in stock is listed on the website, which automatically updates as items are sold. We very rarely do restocks, so if a size or style is sold out, it is almost certainly sold out for good.
- Can you special order a size/style for me? It depends on the label, but unfortunately, probably not. Most brands require order minimums and/or only sell in pre-packs, and of course the styles they carry are constantly selling out and being replaced. That being said, if there is something you absolutely must have, send us an email at email@example.com. If the timing is right, we might be able to accommodate your request.
- I have a bunch of pre-loved items that I don't wear anymore--would you be interested in buying them in bulk? Yes! We're always on the lookout for items that can be rescued from the forgotten back of someone's closet and given a new life and a new home. Please check our "Brands We Love" page for the list of labels that we currently carry in our Pre-Loved Boho collection. If your items are from one or more of these brands, please send us an email with a list of the pieces you're looking to pass along and include images and a brief description of each item's condition. We'll get back to you, and hopefully we can reach a deal that makes everyone happy :)
- What's the best way to get in contact with you? Email! While we do have a phone number, email is more reliable and more likely to result in a fast response.
Have more questions that haven't been answered here? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.